a. Alliance Asset Management Limited (the “Company”) operates the website www.bestcarfinder.co.uk. The Company is registered in England and Wales under company number 03107480 and the Company's office is at 3 Eaton Court, Colmworth Business Park, Eaton Socon, Cambridgeshire, PE19 8ER.
b. The Company provides a search service for business and personal contracts for the hire, contract purchase, hire purchase and finance lease of vehicles and the financing of such contracts (the “Search Service”). The Search Service makes enquiries into competitive vehicle prices, funding and availability from the Company’s associated third party car dealer contacts and funding institutions (Funders) with the results being returned to the customer.
c. Upon receiving the result of the Search Service, you may request the Company to proceed to obtain a formal quote for the vehicle and/or financing for the vehicle. You will be asked to complete and return a credit application.Following the Company's receipt of confirmation that credit is available to you, you may request us to process an order for you.
2. By signing this Search Service Agreement you agree that the Company will assist you to find the most appropriate vehicle finance product(s) and/or Service(s) that match your stated requirements and to process any order you have made with us. Please note that this agreement is separate to and not connected to any lease or finance agreement you may enter into.
3. We have a commercial relationship with a carefully selected panel of lenders and we may receive a commission from the selected lender. We do not charge a fee for this Search Service. Full details of fees we do charge for our range services are set out in our Information Notice attached to this agreement.
4. If you progress to place an order with us then upon receipt of your order form a non-refundable Vehicle Sourcing Fee will be required to be paid prior to processing your order. The Vehicle Sourcing Fee is the fee charged by the Company for our service and represents the costs and time incurred for sourcing and ordering the vehicle on your behalf. The Vehicle Sourcing Fee will be set out in the Order Form.
5. We record all telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service we offer.
6. The prices quoted either on the website or in a written quotation may include VAT at the prevailing rate. If the rate of VAT or other applicable taxes or charges changes between taking the offer and supply of the Vehicle, the Company will adjust payments accordingly.
7. From time to time vehicles may incur changes to tariffs, specifications or other charges which may alter the price quoted beyond the control of the Company. In these instances the Company will notify you of such changes in writing.
8. We cannot accept any responsibility for any losses incurred by you arising out of the contract between you and the finance company and purported arrangements relating to the supply of any vehicle save to the extent that such loss is caused by our negligent act or omission.
9. Force Majeure - Our performance under this agreement will be excused if we are unable to perform due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
10. Cancellation - By signing this Search Service agreement you accept and acknowledge that your right to cancel as stipulated under the Distance Selling Regulations is restricted and is not applicable once we commence performance of this agreement.
11. Personal Data & Data Protection
Your Information will be used by us to process your request. To fulfil the Search Service we will pass your information on to Funders who will use 'Your Information' in connection with your application. 'Your information' means the information you have given to us, which we pass on to the Funder, or which the Funder receive from their enquiries and searches at credit reference and fraud prevention Agencies (Agencies). This applies to all applicants, including joint applicants and members of the household and directors or partners if the application is made by a limited company, partnership or an unincorporated association.
The Funder will provide the Agencies with your current and previous names, addresses and dates of birth of all parties as well as the income and expenditure details that you provided, so if you are providing information about others, on a joint application, you must be sure that you have their agreement. The Agencies will provide the Lender with confirmation of the income and expenditure details provided and public information about you and any third party financially linked to you:information such as county court judgments (CCJ’s) and bankruptcies, electoral register and fraud prevention information on you and your known financial associates, current and previous names, addresses and dates of birth. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. By signing this Proposal you also give authority to disclose information about you and any third party linked to you.
The Credit Reference Agency (CRA) searches that they make will leave a search footprint, both in their records and on your credit file at the CRA they’ve used, whether or not this application proceeds. If the search was for a credit application, the record of that search (but not their name) may be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future. Links between financial associates will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your associate successfully files for a disassociation with the CRA. It may be necessary to make more than one such search particularly if you provide any new or changed information. Credit scoring techniques may be used to assess your application.
The CRA’s require us to explain that they have privacy notices available on their websites. What they do with the personal information is explained in the Credit Reference Agencies Information Document (CRAIN) and it is on the Experian, Equifax and Call credit websites.
Information about you may also be used for purposes for which you have given consent, or when required by law or where permitted under the terms of applicable data protection laws. Funders may disclose your information to their other subsidiaries or associates. It is important that you read the Funders privacy statement found on their website.
12. Complaints - The Company is committed to Customer Service and will try to resolve all Customer complaints in a fair,professional and timely manner. Please contact us in writing at our head office address if you have a complaint. Full details of our complaints procedure are available HERE
13. Electronic Signatures – In order to proceed with your application and any future agreements we will need your consent to conclude agreements through electronic means only using the email address supplied and / or electronic signatures.
14. Direct Debit – The bank details that are entered on to the proposal form will be used to create the Direct Debit mandate for monthly payments by signing this proposal you are in agreement. All Direct Debits are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee a copy will be sent to you by post.
16. Information Notice Link – Click here for full details of our charges.